Have you been trying to Learn SQL The Hard Way, but can’t figure out how to run sql code in the terminal? Better yet, you have downloaded a GUI, and still don’t know how to run your newly minted sql code? Your frustrations are warranted. See below for examples, screenshots, and solutions.
- I’m forever stuck in the sqlite prompt. How do I get back to terminal prompt?
- I messed up and want to start over!
- I’m feeling shakey with this syntax. How can I play around with SQL queries on the command line, without running a SQL file, a la Mr. Shaw?
- Typing new rows is tedious. Tell me there’s a faster way.
- Forget this terminal crap. I’m a visual person. Show me how to use a friendly interface please….oh yeah, and I’m cheap.