Access to a future you’ll love
Flatiron School believes in limitless potential. Talent is something that’s distributed evenly — regardless of background or financial situation — but opportunity isn’t. Our Access Scholarship provides opportunities for individuals motivated to reach for them, especially if they’ve experienced roadblocks in the past.
You deserve the chance to tap into your full potential and change your life with the first step to a new career — regardless of your background or financial situation. You deserve an opportunity to shape the future. You deserve access.
Start learning with a partial scholarship.
The Access Scholarship is a partial scholarship of up to $1,000 (Scholarship amount are subject to change). Recipients who are in need of financial assistance (as outlined in the “Other Eligibility” section) may be eligible for an additional partial scholarship. Recipients that show excellence in all aspects of the admissions process may be eligible for the maximum scholarship.
To build a more diverse, inclusive tech community, Access Scholarships will be awarded to students from underrepresented communities. Candidates must identify as a member of one or more of the following groups:
- Underrepresented minorities
- People with disabilities
- Veterans or British Armed Forces Service Leaders
You may qualify for a partial scholarship if you earned less than the annual income shown during at least the last 12 consecutive months for the timezone where you reside:
- EST – $64K
- CST – $49K
- MST – $51K
- PST – $77K
To bring fresh perspectives and new backgrounds to the tech community, Access Scholarships will only be awarded to individuals who have no prior experience working in the technical role they’re being trained for.
See additional Flatiron School Scholarship Terms and Conditions
The Access Scholarship is an ongoing program, and there is no application deadline. Scholarships are limited and are available for our Full-Time programs.
- The first step is to fill out a written application. Once submitted, you should hear back from our Admissions team on the next step within two business days.
- If your application is chosen to move forward, you will be invited to schedule a video call with a member of the Admissions team to get to know you better and to take an admissions assessment.
- Upon admission and enrollment, depending on the course, you will be sent instructions for how to access “pre-work.” Pre-work is a prerequisite to starting certain on-campus courses. There is no required pre-work for online courses.
Students must be over the age of 18 to apply to our courses and must have obtained a high school diploma or GED.