Wednesday, July 9
6:00-7:30 p.m. Eastern
Wednesday, July 6, 2022
6:00 pm – 7:30 pm EST
About This Event
Join Flatiron School as one of our Lead Software Engineering instructors guides you through Part Two of this AMAZING Two Part series. During this beginners workshop you’ll learn the basic building blocks of building a memory game and how to style it while completing a series of challenges to help you master your new skills.
** Don’t forget this is a Two Part series, Part One was Wednesday June 29, 2022 at 6pm EST! You can catch up to speed here. **
Don’t worry if you missed the first workshop, we’ll spend the beginning part of the second workshop recapping what we covered.
What You’ll Learn
Part Two; You will learn: 7/6/2022
- Explaining Event Handling and knowing how to handle the functionality of clicking logging our user inputs
- Creating the randomizer for the Simon pattern
- Incrementing the score only if you are correct
- Resetting the Score if it is Game Over
- End Goal: Have the Simon Game Working and keeping track of a score
Part One; We Covered: 6/29/2022
- How to develop a memory game with HTML, CSS, and JS at a beginner level
- HTML: Tags, elements, and attributes
- CSS: Using selectors to style your website via colors, borders, and sizes
Who is this event for?
No experience is required to attend! If you’ve had some experience with coding in general, there is still a lot to learn from this workshop. This is a no-strings-attached opportunity for you to gain knowledge and find out if software engineering is something you’re passionate about.
Just show up, and learn something new!