Flatiron School X
Flatiron School is partnering with BlackRock, a preeminent asset manager and global technology provider, to recruit its next class of Associate Software Engineers. Through BlackRock’s Tech Career Accelerator, selected eligible Software Engineers with at least 2+ years of production experience will be hired as BlackRock employees and participate in a 12-week training – compensation provided by BlackRock, taught by Flatiron School – focused on Java, Spring Boot, Typescript, Angular, and more. Engineers who successfully complete the training will be offered a full-time, salaried position in BlackRock’s Aladdin Engineering organization.
About BlackRock’s Tech Career Accelerator
This competitive training is designed to create career advancement opportunities for experienced Software Engineers.
- The 12-week training, delivered virtually by Flatiron School, is scheduled for June 20, 2022 through September 15, 2022.
- As of the first day of the training, Engineers will be considered BlackRock employees. BlackRock will compensate Engineers $45/hour during the training.
- The training will focus on Java as well as Spring Boot, Typescript, Angular, Database, Data Modeling, and Azure DevOps services.
- Engineers who successfully complete the training will be offered a full-time, salaried position as an Associate Software Engineer in BlackRock’s Aladdin Engineering organization, located in New York City, Atlanta, GA, or Wilmington, DE. Total compensation will include a base salary plus an annual discretionary bonus.
- Based in or willing to relocate to New York City, Atlanta, GA, or Wilmington, DE. BlackRock will cover some relocation expenses.
- Preferred knowledge of document-based databases, cloud infrastructure, and agile processes. CI/CD a plus.
- Must have a 4-year degree.
- Members of underrepresented groups in technology, including individuals who identify as women, underrepresented minorities, LGBTQ+, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
As a Software Engineer at BlackRock, you’ll be part of an engineering team that values creative problem-solving, continuous learning, and individual potential. BlackRock creates software that disrupts the financial industry for the better and empowers investors at top firms across the world
Want to create cutting-edge technology and disrupt the financial industry for the better? Everyone at BlackRock is connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. BlackRock’s clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes, and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
As a technologist, you’ll work on teams with diverse backgrounds, skills, and experiences to create solutions to meet hundreds of different needs. From accounting to bond calculation to stock purchasing and more, you’ll be challenged every day to solve for multiple use-cases and personas.
You’ll be encouraged to expand your knowledge, discover new tools, and evolve BlackRock’s technology while being supported with tailored learning opportunities, mentors, hybrid work, and flexible time off.
BlackRock’s mission would not be possible without their smartest investment – the one made in employees. That’s why they’re dedicated to creating an environment where colleagues feel welcomed, valued, and supported with networks, benefits, and development opportunities to help them thrive.
Aladdin is BlackRock’s risk management and investment technology, used internally and delivered externally to financial institutions.
For more information about life at BlackRock check out their Careers website.
Following completion of the training, Engineers will join BlackRock’s Aladdin Product Group as Associate Software Engineers.
Engineers are full-time BlackRock employees starting day one of training. Engineers will earn a base salary during the training, and upon successful completion will be offered a full-time, salaried role at BlackRock.
BlackRock wants to find candidates with new backgrounds and perspectives to contribute to the Aladdin Product Group team, and the firm at large, and is adding a 12-week software engineering training in partnership with Flatiron School to help candidates skill up and sharpen their tool sets before starting a full-time role.
BlackRock knows that strength comes from diversity, and wants to invest in the opportunity for engineers to grow technically and as individuals as they enter into Associate-level roles at the firm. BlackRock is excited to meet candidates for the BlackRock Tech Career Accelerator who may come from different professional or educational backgrounds than other applicants.