Access to a future you’ll love
with $0 upfront.
Flatiron School believes in limitless potential. Talent is something that’s distributed evenly — regardless of background or financial situation — but opportunity isn’t. Our Access Scholarship provides opportunities for individuals motivated to reach for them, especially if they’ve experienced roadblocks in the past.
You deserve the chance to tap into your full potential and change your life with the first step to a new career — regardless of your background or financial situation. You deserve an opportunity to shape the future. You deserve access.
Flatiron School’s partial scholarship enables students to enroll for $0 upfront. Available for all courses globally.
Start learning for $0 upfront with a partial scholarship of up to $3,000.
For students in the U.S., you’ll be able to enroll with no deposit when you choose to pay upfront, with a loan, or in installments (installment plans are available for online programs only).
The Access Scholarship is a partial scholarship of $2,000. Recipients who are in need of financial assistance (as outlined in the “Other Eligibility” section) may be eligible for an additional $1,000.
Scholarships are limited and are available to 35–50 students per month across all campuses and online.
To build a more diverse, inclusive tech community, Access Scholarships will be awarded to students from underrepresented communities. Candidates must identify as a member of one of the following groups:
- Underrepresented minorities
- People with disabilities
- Veterans or British Armed Forces Service Leaders
- Low Income
You may qualify for an additional $1,000 if you earned less than the annual income shown during at least the last 12 consecutive months for the region where you reside:
- San Francisco: $50,000
- Washington, D.C., New York City, Seattle: $40,000
- All other US Markets: $33,000
To bring fresh perspectives and new backgrounds to the tech community, Access Scholarships will only be awarded to individuals who have no prior experience working in the technical role they’re being trained for.
See additional Flatiron School Scholarship Terms and Conditions
The Access Scholarship is an ongoing program, and there is no application deadline. Scholarships are awarded on a monthly basis, and 35-50 are available each month across all campuses and online.
- The first step is to fill out a written application. Once submitted, you should hear back from our Admissions team on the next step within 2 business days.
- If your application is chosen to move forward, you will be invited to schedule a video call with a member of the Admissions team to get to know you better and to take an admissions assessment.
- Upon admission and enrollment, depending on the course, you will be sent instructions for how to access “pre-work.” Pre-work is a prerequisite to starting certain on-campus courses. There is no required pre-work for online courses.
Students must be over the age of 18 to apply to our courses and must have obtained a high school diploma or GED.